We are affiliates of several websites, which means that if you make a booking through one of the links marked with * on this website, we may receive a commission. Please note that we only recommend products and services that we believe are helpful and trustworthy.
Overwater Bungalows of Aruba
Find Paradise Nearby
Aruba is known as a stunning, luxury Caribbean destination with sleepy beaches, turquoise waters and flamingos. A little secret are the overwater bungalows here. Learn where to find them, what the differences are, and a special trick we’ve added at the end of this article. Which is helpful if you have a limited budget.
Skip to the parts:
Boutique Overwater Bungalow Resort - Aruba Ocean Resort
Aruba Ocean Resort is the only resort in Aruba with overwater villas that stand out for their attention to detail. There are many references to the Polynesian origins of the overwater bungalows in the details, mixed with Caribbean elements that together create a high-quality design.
Not only do the overwater villas make the resort a popular destination for wedding couples, but the fact that only adults are allowed at the resort makes for a pleasant atmosphere on your honeymoon.
The villas were designed by the local owners themselves, creating a much more personal atmosphere than in the accommodations of the many hotel chains.
The overwater villas at the resort are:
- 1000 sq. ft. (92m²) for a couple of two
- queen size bed
- outdoor jacuzzi with a view over the water; perfect to end the day
- breakfast is included
- starts at $789 per night
- 850 sq. ft. (79m²) for a couple of two
- king size bed
- private plunge pool
- second open-air cabana with it’s own bed to fully indulge in nature
- starts at $889 per night
- 1300 sq. ft. (120m²) for a couple of two
- queen size bed
- lot’s of space and amazing views for just the two of you
- starts at $889 per night
- 1500 sq. ft. (139m²) and 4 bedrooms
- 1 king size and 3 queen size beds
- 3.5 bathrooms, the master bedroom has an open-air bedroom and shares one indoor
- fully equipped kitchen with the optional private chef, so you can decide whether you want to cook for yourself or be served
- starts at $1,299 per night
Penthouse Villa Sophia
- even more space than in the other two-person villas
- premium king-size bed & outdoor bed
- overwater hammock
- outdoor bathtub
- starts at $1,999 per night
Penthouse Villa Kita Bonita
- pretty much the same as Villa Sophia, have a look at the tour on Instagram
Penthouse Mai Wisha
Penthouse Potcho Potcho
- identical to Mai Wisha
- but introductory discount until the first of May 2023
Treat you and your significant other to an idyllic escape at Aruba Ocean Resort. From the opulent overwater villas, stirring scenery, to thrilling activities such as paddle boarding and snorkeling – there’s no better way to spend quality time with someone special. Best of all? Until April/May 2023 (depending on which penthouse suite that is selected), they’re offering exclusive markdowns for a limited duration only! So don’t wait any longer – book today at Aruba Ocean Resort before it’s too late!
Special trick: Renaissance Wind Creek Aruba Resort
Prepare to be swept away by the paradisiacal splendor of Aruba and its Renaissance Wind Creek Resort. Just minutes from Eagle Beach’s stunning coastline, this luxurious all-inclusive retreat is awash with breathtaking ocean views, lush gardens and an array of indulgent amenities – not least the opportunity for a truly memorable overwater bungalow experience! But you need to a special trick for the experience.
- Book a normal accommodation from $379 per night here*
- If you’ve already secured your typical lodging, then you have two options:
Budget Option – Rent a cabana during the day:
At Renaissance Wind Creek Aruba, you have the option of renting cabanas that give you the feel of an overwater bungalow – except for the stilts. They are surrounded by water with direct access to the water, offer an overwater hammock, and last but not least, privacy with your loved one or room for up to 6 people. The rental period for the cabanas is 9 am to 6:30 pm and starts at $425 for the 4-person cabana or $500 for the 6-person cabana. This includes two bottles of Voss water, one bottle of sparkling wine, a platter of fresh fruit, towels, snorkeling equipment, and private butler service. You have the choice between Iguana Beach and Flamingo Beach. Iguana beach is family-friendly, and Flamingo beach is for adults only.
You can book it here
Luxury option – Rent a cabana overnight:
Get luxurious amenities such as a 5-course dinner, toasting marshmallows around a bonfire, and light snacks, completed by a beautiful breakfast at sunrise. Make memories that will last forever in this one-of-a-kind experience! You can spend the night in the overwater hammock or the cabana, as you prefer. We recommend the hammock, although the cabana offers more privacy for togetherness. This unforgettable experience costs $2,499
At Renaissance Wind Creek Aruba Resort, you can find the perfect escape for two with beautiful scenery and luxurious amenities. Whether you’re looking to rent a cabana during the day or spend an unforgettable night in one of our overwater hammocks or cabanas, there’s something special here for everyone.
Things to do in Aruba:
Tour the caves and natural pool in Arikok National Park
- Learn about the island from a knowledgeable guide
- Swim and snorkel in a natural pool
- Enjoy a delicious hot lunch
Experience a unique 4-course dinner cruise
- Enjoy an amazing evening with great food and company
- The perfect way to celebrate any special occasion
- Sail into the sunset on a luxurious, historic sailing ship
Aqua Safari and Champagne Brunch – A Fun-Filled Day Out
- The three site stops are beautiful and picturesque – don’t forget your underwater GoPro!
- Experience the Excitement of Snorkeling and Sightseeing
- Delight in a Delicious Brunch After Your Adventures
Horseback Ride Tour to Wariruri Beach
- A fantastic experience for beginners and experts alike!
- Enjoy a beautiful ride through the desert landscape
- Visit a natural bridge and take in the stunning views